Headers and Footers now implemented. Set them up, and ^OP to see the end result and print them
A minor bug fixed with printing and .rm, and ^KP is still not done (use ^OP)
I think what I’ll work on next is RTF export, to get it to support all the work done recently and make it easier to extend. Finally getting the Mac/OSX port back into a working state would be great as well.
Another big step for the project. We can now print. Imagine that, a word processor that prints!
Due to a bit of a brain fart, I only implement ^OP (print preview) and forgot ^KP (print). It’ll be in the next release. Both will do the exact same thing anyway. There are also a few squiggly corner cases I may have missed with printing, but I’ll catch them next time.
I also changed the main window display a bit, there’s a progress meter in the status bar when formatting the document, and the bold/italic/etc indicators look a bit different.
That’s it. No bug fixes
I’ll do something new here as well, and tell you what I’m working on next. Because I need it, headers and footers will be implemented next.
This release is a big step for the project. We’ve moved from an in-house Mercurial repo to Sourceforge, so now anyone can look at the code. It’s a bit sloppy in parts. Other changes are:
- fixed a bug that stopped auto formatting of documents when they are loaded.
- fixed a screen flicker introduced during ‘format on load’ code.
- added math in dot command
The addition of math in dot commands means you can do simple things like .rm 8.5-1-1i to set the right margin to 6.5 inches. The math system will also do complex math like 2 * (pi / 4.7) + sqrt(7), but why would you want to?
One bug fix (not really a bug, but…) and a handful of new features like codepage 437 support (partial). Also a new feature not found in the original Wordstar! Check the forum for more information.
A handful of bug fixes surrounding the .pm command and the addition of tabs setting via .tb. See the forum for details.
Besides a few bug fixes, this adds the .pm command and adds proper incremmental changes to .lm and .rm. For example, .lm.25″ will create a left margin of .25″. A .lm+.25″ will add .25″ to the current left margin while .lm-.25″ will subtract .25″ from the left margin.
The latest Alpha was released today.
This release brings about background document formatting. Now, if you have a 50 page document, and you increase line spacing to 2 at the top of the document (.ls2), you’ll see the page count increase.
Unfortunately, we still have a bug. WordTsar doesn’t know when to stop formatting, so it always reformats to the end of the document on every keystroke. On desktops, it’s not a big deal, but on laptops, you will notice a battery drain.
Version 0.50 Alpha is ready. I’m just doing final compiles and tests on various platforms.
We are back from holiday, and itching to get back to the code. We have some emails and registrations to catch up on as well.
Just a quick note. We are still on holiday. I’ve noticed several requests from new testers.
We’ll get to them when we get back.