This is marked as pre-alpha because of the Unicode backend changes… it is stable for me, but I don’t do a lot of Unicode work. RTF and DOCX File IO isn’t unicode aware yet either.
It’s been awhile since I made a release… I was exceedingly busy finishing a novel I had under contract, so it took precedence over any other work.
– Fixed Ticket #46 (Regression) “Save” should “Save as” if the file has not been saved before
– Fixed Ticket #47 WordTsar seems to be unable to print only one line of text.
– Fixed Ticket #49 ^KD and ^KQ not working correctly on edited document
– Fixed Ticket #50 backup file not path-joined
– Fixed Ticket #52 Deleting pages does not lower page count in the status bar
– Fixed Ticket #53 File Save quietly fails
Note on Wordstar fonts
Switching from WxWidgets to QT lost us some granularity on fonts. With WxWdigets, I was able to find out if a font was serif or san serif, proportional or monospaced, and even what codepage it was from. I haven’t figured out how (or if) I can do that in Qt yet.
Any Wordstar file loaded with font information will saved with that font information intact. If you insert new fonts during editing and save, those new fonts will be converted to Courier or Times New Roman, since the only information Qt gives me is proportional or monospaced. Ugh.