0.1.73.18 released to fix a huge CPU hogging bug. Sorry.
This release (a long time coming) is an almost complete refactor of the original WordTsar. Many speed increases, and it should be easier to add functionality.
I’m starting to use this version for my daily work, but beware, monsters may lurk in the corners.
For now, please use the forum to report bugs. I’m working on a public bug tracker.
I’ve been using Alpha 0.0.51.2014-10-07 for the last few years on both Linux (very stable), and OSX (somewhat stable). I wrote three novels using that software (http://geraldbrandt.com) and got them published by one of the Big 5. It was software that worked, but had its flaws. For example, when starting a new document, you needed to insert a pages worth of blank lines, go back to the top of the document, and start typing. That kept it stable. Unfortunately, the software had also reached its limits. Adding new features would have been a major pain.
So, I did what any developer would do… I refactored the darn thing. I’m seeing speed increases of 200% – 2000%, depending on what I’m doing. Fonts work a bit bettter. RTF import has a bug with font tables, but kinda works. Battery usage on laptops is great. Memory usage is a bit higher.
I currently have version Alpha 0.1.73.0 running on Windows 10 and Ubuntu 17.10 and 18.04 (GTK2 and GTK3). I’ll be getting OSX running over the next couple of weeks. I believe 0.1.73.0 has feature parity with 0.0.51, but I’ll have to double check. I’m working on stability now — along with the OSX port.
For a project that’s been basically dead for the last three years, this is a positive step. Keep watching, it’ll be up in binary format soon. Source code to follow (it may take awhile… I’d love to have a finished product before I release source. Who knows).